Time for work! I had trouble getting up in the morning...slept like a baby! That was the first time for me to sleep straight through in years! It was nice waking up to the sound of the Tui outside. I finally got my act together and Rachel dropped me around to my old house so I could help mum clean out the attic. However, no-one was there! Oh dear, so I went with Rach to drop little Matthew off at kindy. When I got back Faye and Mum arrived from the hardware store...and I rolled up my sleeves ready for work when mum said, 'Get in the car Renee, we are going for morning tea...'...ok, no argument from me! After that we got back to the house to clear out the attic in the back house. The tenants were really nice and actually took back a lot of the stuff we were throwing out...I hope they don't leave it there when they leave...! hehe. Then it was time for lunch. We went to Basalt in Howick.
After lunch it was back to work. This time we stained the decks on the front house. It was such a help having Faye there, I don't know what we would have done without her! Thanks Faye!!
At the bottom of each day, I will put the Restaurant Review for that day, Mum kept track of where we were going so I can fill you in:
Lunch: Basalt in Howick. Fabulous food, great atmosphere, friendly staff, reasonable prices, weekday lunches $10. Portions small. Nice warm fireplace.
Dinner: Prospect of Howick. Can't remember the food, I was too COLD. Froze to death. Think I had the Lamb Shanks but brain only remembers COLD.



2 comments:
Hi Renee
you write a lovely story we did do a lot of eating didn't we but wht fun
Faye
Hi me again
have just scrolled down through your blog, will read it in stages as its going to take a while, even though we only saw each other for a short time Renee, it was wonderful, and a time to cherish. For that I thank you.
Faye
Post a Comment