Sunday, September 16, 2007

Wednesday, 12 September 2007

The 'real' day of serious SHOPPING!!! Rach, Nicole and I hit Sylvia Park, a new shopping complex out in Mt Wellington. I am a 'bargain' shopper and usually find good stuff for 5 and 10 dollars....today was no exception. I bought a pair of designer jeans for 10 dollars! It was marked down to 20 dollars, the only pair, and they fit me! When I took them to the counter she said, 'Oh, these have been marked down to 10 dollars now...' nice surprise!

In the afternoon I bounced on the trampoline with Rachel's kids while testing their spelling. I will miss them (and their trampoline!)...

Uncle Pete and Aunty Faye came around to pick me up for dinner at Denny's. We had a great evening. The food reminded me of childhood family visits to Cob & Co. Very nice and a relaxing atmosphere. I really enjoyed talking with them and love catching up with them when I get the chance...which isn't very often!

Me and Matthew
Danielle, Bethany, Rachel and Matthew, taken on her deck overlooking Howick
Rachel's beautiful family: Stuart, Rachel, Matthew, Bethany and Danielle



The sunset from Rachel's deck. Stu said they had the most beautiful sunsets for about a year after Mt Ruapehu blew....the best part of the day!


Rachel's family around the table in the evening glow...
Uncle Peter and Aunty Faye above, and Faye and I, out for dinner.

Oh yes! The best part of the meal....banana fritter with ice cream and CREAM. If God said He was going to destroy all food but one and I had to choose what food to remain...I would say CREAM, cream, cream, cream......


No comments: