Off to Mapua for a drive. Beautiful scenery. Not much happening, but then, that's the beauty of it!
Taken from the car going out of Nelson.
A beach on the way to Mapua...sorry forgot the name, something like, 'Red Beach??'...oh well...
Mapua
Oh Yes! Scallops (and you Aussies, that doesn't mean Potato Fritters!!). Divine.
Mum's lunch. NZ mussels. Mum was disappointed about the price. Really, once you eat the mussels out of their shells, there really isn't a lot there...
The view from our table. Ahhhhhh.....
Restaurant Review:
Lunch: Flax Restaurant, Mapua. Location, location, location. My meal was THE BEST! Priced to match of course. Indoor/Outdoor eating. Early Spring, but warm in the sun. I'd go there just to have the scallops again. RESTAURANT HOMEPAGE
Dinner: Anchor Bar and Grill, Port of Nelson Marina. Very nice. I think I had the fish?? It had a nice view. The dessert was just what I wanted. Warm apple crumble with CREAM. Yum. Again, restaurant too cold...wanted to go home and get warm...
Lunch: Flax Restaurant, Mapua. Location, location, location. My meal was THE BEST! Priced to match of course. Indoor/Outdoor eating. Early Spring, but warm in the sun. I'd go there just to have the scallops again. RESTAURANT HOMEPAGE
Dinner: Anchor Bar and Grill, Port of Nelson Marina. Very nice. I think I had the fish?? It had a nice view. The dessert was just what I wanted. Warm apple crumble with CREAM. Yum. Again, restaurant too cold...wanted to go home and get warm...



No comments:
Post a Comment