15 September 2007
I started the long journey home this morning. I left just before 9:00am Sat and will arrive home around 9:00pm Sunday night...
It was sad to say goodbye to all my friends and their families. I really enjoyed my time playing with their kids. Rachel had the Sistas Conference again today so Stuart drove me to the airport. (Thanks Stu!!). As some of you know, I am famous for having overweight baggage...and this time was no exception! BUT the difference this time was I had a NICE attendant behind the counter who kindly waived the fees, and this would have to be the first time I didn't have to repack my luggage on the floor in front of the check-in counter! Phew! What a relief. I managed to get a really cheap flight to NZ return, but not without a drawback. I had to go through Korea. Korea is a very nice place, don't get me wrong...it's just not where I want to be right now! I had to stop over for 6 hours going over and today, I have to stay in a hotel for the night before I catch my flight to Japan in the afternoon tomorrow...at my expense. Korean Air found a nice hotel for me. I have a suite with a massage super shower ( a little scary....!) and a jet bath. A huge TV the size of the wall and 2 double beds. I also have my own computer, and I am typing this blog page from it now. Very nice I must say. The other option was crashing on the sofas at the airport, and after a 12 hour flight, I really felt like a shower and a good sleep. Only 17 more hours before I see my family again! Yippee! I really had a wonderful time in NZ and feel like I have grown a lot. I have connected with my roots and gained a new confidence...lets hope it lasts!
Aerial view of Howick...and our house...I wish I had a bigger ZOOOOOM!



No comments:
Post a Comment