Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thursday, 6 September 2007

Breakfast at the Boat Shed. Great food, great view. Perfect. Let's do it again. Then we were off to Blenheim to do some sightseeing. Shopped a little, walked along the beach, where everything was closed....enjoyed the good Kiwi life! A long day of travelling and sightseeing, but it still wasn't long enough. How I love my country! Very proud!!! So full from lunch we decided not to have any dinner, but couldn't resist this gorgeous little 'Mussel shop' on the way home...which is changing hands so boohoo. Great end to the day, then got very distracted on the way home in the dark as the stars were so bright I had to keep stopping and taking pictures, which of course don't work on my camera..but if only you could have seen it! It was like drinking in a perfect wine. It really does make you quite giddy, and warm and fuzzy, and well, star-drunk really!Great start to the day, Fish and Eggs Benedict. Stop dribbling Renee! It was sooo good. The BoatShed

Spring Laaaaaambs.
Pie for Lunch...venison. At the Pelorus Bridge Cafe.

Cow eating grass...umm, I guess you can see that. BUT, it was eating grass next to OUR table...I am such a city girl now..it's so sad....Some kind of NZ bird...I'm so bad, a Pukeko maybe?? Oh dear....Bush walk down to the river.
Picton
Travelling up the Malborough Sounds. A gorgeous drive.





Yep, that's my country!The Mussel Pot, Havelock.I am not a Mussel girl....but these were DIVINE, we should have gotten 2 plates!Good ol' Fish and Chips, but with Class.

Restaurant Review:
Breakfast: Boatshed, Nelson. BOATSHED WEBSITE
A MUST for breakfast. So, so, so good.
Lunch: Pelorus Bridge Cafe. A nice NZ cafe in the bush. Cafe itself nothing special, but sitting in the bush eating lunch is.
Dinner: Mussel Pot, Havelock. THE MUSSEL POT WEBSITE
It was just PERFECT. The Mussels were divine and they had a HUGE menu. The atmosphere wonderful, with a lovely fireplace to keep us WARM and lovely Kiwi charm. Do not drive by without a peek inside! And the meals were great too.

No comments: