Tuesday 11 September 2007
Back to business. Talk about a day of 'not happenings'. I was supposed to go to the house we are renting in Howick and stain the deck and paint the white wall around the bottom of the house. My friend Maurice had arranged to come and help me, but he called in the morning to tell me he had forgotten about a doctor's appointment so had to cancel...then I get to the house and it rained! So, that was the end of that day! But I did get to do an inspection on the house....which was quite upsetting. That was the house I grew up in, and my mother always kept the house beautifully clean and was very house-proud, but the state it was in was disgusting. Mouldy bedrooms and a rotten bathroom, with junk everywhere throughout the house...old washing machines, space invader machines...junk junk junk...it was very sad for me to see it like that.
After that Rach and I went grocery shopping, and forgot to buy the thing we went there to buy...duh! Then we had afternoon tea with Rachel's parents. I really enjoyed catching up with them...it feels like my second home...
I think we went home after that and made origami cakes with the girls.


After that Rach and I went grocery shopping, and forgot to buy the thing we went there to buy...duh! Then we had afternoon tea with Rachel's parents. I really enjoyed catching up with them...it feels like my second home...
I think we went home after that and made origami cakes with the girls.



No comments:
Post a Comment