Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Hashimoto, Kinokawa Fireworks Festival

As I have said on my blog Japan at it's best ,fireworks are a regular event at Japanese Matsuri, or, festivals. The Kinokawa festival is held every year on the 15th of August. It is not as big as the PL fireworks but it is pretty impressive, and lots of people from all around come to see it. We caught the train down with some friends, Erinn's family, Claire's family and Chris' family. We had a picnic dinner near the bridge where the fireworks were let off. It was a lot of fun!
Some girls walking in their Yukata. I met some of my students from University as I walked down! They are in the background. What a nice surprise!
Waiting at the lights to cross the street...
View from the bridge. Those colourful dots are people! Some are walking around the tents and stalls at the festival, and some have positioned themselves by the river to watch the fireworks show. We sat on the other side of the bridge so we could escape the crowds.

1 comment:

Erinn said...

We had a lot of fun eh! I think it was the best fireworks display I've seen yet in our little town! Of course, 2 chu-hi and great company make the show 50 times better!