Ok, I'm having a 'Kiwi' moment....you kiwi's out there read and enjoy! This was written by Olly Wypych on the 'I call NZ home' Group on Facebook:
You Know You're a Real Kiwi when:
You’ve lost at least one filling to a K-Bar
•You know that ‘thongs’ go on a girl’s bum – ‘jandals’ go on your feet
•The difference between your winter and summer uniforms at primary school was a jersey.
•You wouldn’t touch Steinlager with a 10 foot pole
•You’ve broken down and cried at least once every 4 years from 1991 onwards
•The sound of ‘Waltzing Matilda’ makes you feel physically sick
•You got fish ‘n’ chips for lunch at school on a Friday
•The underwear you put on depends on which rugby team is playing that day
•You get excited when you walk into a 7-11 overseas and see L & P
•You learnt from Billy T James that Maoris have their own special giggle
•The America’s Cup results interest you
•Your football socks are categorised into ‘work’, ‘casual’, ‘going out’ and ‘formal/playing’.
•You know that “the big taste always gets through!”
•Any sport is interesting to you when we beat Australia at it
•You’re aware that Bob Deans did score against Wales in 1905
•You refer to Lion Red as “Lyon Rouge”
•The temperature hits 20 degrees C and you have to strip down to your undies and sit under a tree in the backyard
•You know what “bring back Buck” means
•You know for sure that Rachel Hunter is the hottest woman in the world
•The thought of sitting on the toilet in winter makes you cry
•You’ve trodden on a cowpat in bare feet
•You’ve referred to an accident as a “Minties moment”
•You know what a ‘Perky Nana’ is
•Australian ‘Twisties’ make you cry
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
This certainly proves that Kiwis and Aussies are really different. You guys are weird! ;-)
Yeah...no offense! hehe. They don't all apply to me, but when I read them the kiwi in me rose up! I still love you Aussies! Esp. as I AM one...convict history and all!!!
I also loved the one that said, 'you know you're a real kiwi when You get up in the morning, turn on the hot water in the shower and then go back to bed until the steam has filled the hallway.'...yep, you had to be there!
I think we can all say, 'there's no place like home!'
Post a Comment