We didn't make it in time to see the blossoms in full bloom, but there were still a few left.
At the bottom of the hill
Saturday, April 19, 2008
A Shrine Near our House
Every time we drive past this hill, I look up and see the red Torii, or gates, lining the path up the hill. I have always been curious as to what is up there. This Spring I drove past and noticed the Cherry Blossoms contrasting the red gates with a vibrant pink all the way up the hill. I decided that this was a perfect time to climb the hill and take a look.

Such a festive time! The great thing about living where we are is, there are never many people around. We virtually had the whole place to ourselves!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
omg! i've so got to do that! i've wanted to go for New Year's, in the evening, they light it all up, it always looked pretty from a distance, but those pictures were awesome! it's on my list of future outings--we just need some sun and warmth! enough of the rain--it's buggin' me!
This is where I wanted to take you and Patti....if it weren't for the RAIN!!!!! grrrrr....
Hey... next time I am there lets do that. It looks gorgeous. Wonder what it would be like in the autumn?
Autumn? Autumn??? You're coming back ?!!! Yahooo!!! Definitely!!! The cherry leaves do go red in autumn so it should be nice! If you come before November...we should still have the car!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey... didn't quite mean it like that but God willing I'll (we'll - better bring the family this time) be there.
Hehe...I figured you were just dreaming...but it's nice to dream eh?!
Jetstar have sales on again so was thinking of taking off for my birthday again. Could make it a regular thing. Do you think my kids will start wondering why mummy never has a birthday?
Wow! Let's do your birthday again!!!! That's probably the week we say goodbye to our baby vinnie.....it will be one whole year then eh?
We went to the Fuji Flowers today (wisteria)...they were so gorgeous, will post the shots tonight!
Post a Comment