Saturday, January 05, 2008

Visiting the car yards

New Year's is the time to visit the car yards and collect your 'Fukubukuro' (Lucky Bag). They send out invitations with the New Year's cards and often have fun events going for the kids too. We had two places to visit, Yanase (the luxury used car-yard) and Honda. (They are actually next door to each other). We took two cars because the Yanase salesman wanted to see the car we ended up buying, even though we didn't get it through him.Dad and I about to 'take off'...


Here we are at the car yard. Waiting for our treats...looking at the cars afterwards is fun too. Ludeen fell in love with the new BMW hatchback.
Ludeen holding her red bean and mochi soup. I love it, but it is an acquired taste...
Time for a lottery...
Dad, 'Oh, look what I got!'...what was it again??


January 6th 2008

On the 6th we went to church. After church we went to an Italian Restaurant in Sakai.
Here we are on the bridge at central Sakai.

Ken and I decided to walk to the top of the observation tower....it was 21 floors! Looking a little puffed???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Renee and Family
I have just read your blog Renee, you all look to have a lot of fun, it is always nice to spend time with Family,dad and Ludeen look to be enjoying themselves. Of couse while you are having snow we are haveing lovely sun and hight temps.
hahaha. love to all Faye