Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A beautiful day at the river...


























It finally stopped raining after 2 and a half weeks straight! It was so nice to see the sun again, so we went to the river up the mountain behind us. It is in the woods so the temperature drops a couple of degrees when you walk in there. The water is icy cold, but very refreshing on a hot day. This is our favourite place because it is only 10 minutes from our house and no-one is ever there. The kids can play for hours and I can relax and enjoy the scenery.
After eating lunch I noticed a long black snake slithering up a rock out of the river beside the stroller...the kids ran over to have a look and it started to move towards them...so I got up and yelled at it and it turned around and headed into the bush quick-smart! Wow, even I was impressed...!
After a few minutes of, 'I'm not going back in the water...I'm too scared, let's go home...', the kids were right back in the water yelling and screaming again. Summer has truly begun....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! The only snakes in New Zealand are trouser snakes!