Friday, February 08, 2008

Treated to Lunch...


On Friday, Rebecca shouted me to lunch at a Macrobiotic restaurant. This particular day was not their macrobiotic menu day, but the food was all organic and looked very healthy. I had never had it before and didn't honestly know what it was...! But it tasted great!


I work with Rebecca and Anne-Marie, and they have been such a help to me in my new job. They are wonderful people and a pleasure to work with. I actually have a lot of fun! What a great job I have. The first year is over...and I survived! I didn't get sick once, which is good for me...
I just have marking and grading left, then it's another year all over again!
The restaurant had a natural Japanese feel to it and was very cosy.
This was a chicken hamburger....with a twist. I'm not sure what was in it, but I could taste gobo (burdock root) and renkon (lotus root)... I think it had a daikon (Japanese radish) sauce..?? It was very very good!
This rice was different. It had brown rice and other stuff in it. Very tasty.
The desert was different. The 'cake' was like a whole grain muffin type bread, and had an Aojiru (green vege powder??) cream in it. It was really nice!
It was a fabulous lunch....thanks Rebecca and Anne-Marie!!!

No comments: